The technological revolution has brought significant change in all the sectors. AI tools have increased the potential and creativity of users. Here, you will get detailed information about ChatGPT like what is chatgpt, its features, how to use it, can it replace jobs, advantages, disadvantages, etc.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is the chatbot created by OpenAI in November 2022. It is created on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 family of big language models and is fine-tuned with reinforcement learning and supervised techniques.
It is created as a prototype on 30th November 2022. The program quickly got attention due to its detailed response and articulated answers among several domains of knowledge. The concept is based on artificial intelligence.
In simple words, you can get your queries answered by presenting them in short and easy language. Since ChatGPT is newly launched, can have a conversation in English only. The creators have stated that they will soon add options for multiple languages. For every query, you will get a detailed answer.
The official website of chatGPT is here Till now, there are more than 2 million users of ChatGPT.
History of ChatGPT
ChatGPT was created by Sam Altman in coordination with Elon Musk in 2015. During the initial years, the company was a non-profit organization, now it has been changed to for profit organization. After 1 to 2 years of working with the company, Elon Musk left working on ChatGPT.
Later on, Microsoft company of Bill Gates made a significant investment and on 30th November 2022, a beta version of the program was launched. According to the chief executive officer of OpenAI Sam Altman, the program has been used by more than 20 million users and the number of users is expected to increase in the near future.
Features of ChatGPT
Now we will discuss the features of ChatGPT:
1. One of the foremost features is the detailed response to your query in the way you have asked.
2. Compared to its predecessor InstructGPT, ChatGPT focuses on reducing deceitful and harmful responses.
3. The training data comprises information regarding internet phenomena, man pages, and programming languages like Python programming language, bulletin board systems, etc.
4. Chat GPT is stateful and it remembers the prior queries given to it in the same conversation.
5. To prevent abusive results from being presented by the program, the questions asked by the users are filtered through a moderation API and the prompts stating sexist or racist responses are dismissed.
How to use ChatGPT?
To use ChatGPT, you have to visit the official website of open AI and create a free account. Once you create an account, you are allowed to try ChatGPT for as long as you want because the beta version which is available now is free to use for everyone. It is expected that in future the facilities by the company is going to be paid for.
1. Open the browser on your smartphone or laptop.
2. Visit the official website
3. You will observe the options to log in and sign up. If you are visiting for the first time, click the sign-up option and create an account. You can create an account with your email ID, Gmail ID, or Microsoft account.
4. You have to provide the contact number that you have given for your email, Gmail or Microsoft account.
5. Now you have to give personal information like name and phone number. Make sure that the phone number is correct.
6. The phone number is verified, you can click on the “try ChatGPT” option.
How ChatGPT works?
The official website of OpenAI has presented detailed information about the use of the program ChatGPT. However, to train the program, the developers have used public data for the use. The data that has been saved on the search engine, is presented to the users in the form of a specific solution to the query. This means when the user tries to look for the answer to the query, chatGPT presents them in the same language in the creative manual. The solution is displayed on the screen for as long as the requirement of the user or the next query is posted.
The users are also given the option if they are satisfied with the results or not. According to the response provided by the user, the back-end information and data are updated by the program. It is to be noted that the information fed into the system was till 2021, so the responses that you are likely to get may not be up to date. Events that took place in 2022 are not recorded in the system and, hence, you will not get the desired results.
Is ChatGPT better than Google?
No, ChatGPT is not better than Google. Rather, I should say that there is no comparison between chatGPT and Google. ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence bot that provides solutions to your queries, but Google is a search engine in which you can search for as much information as possible. There is a huge difference between ChatGPT and Google, but we cannot say that one of them is better than the other.
ChatGPT has limited knowledge due to its programming but Google has unlimited knowledge which is updated every day. Millions of content creators are posting their content for ranking on Google. On Google, you can get several types of information formats like written content, images, videos, etc.
Moreover, the solutions provided by chatGPT cannot be guaranteed to be 100% accurate. On the other hand, Google has an algorithm based on the latest technology, which helps in providing the information that is searched by the user.
We can say that chatGPT cannot replace Google.
Can ChatGPT replace jobs?
Yes, ChatGPT can replace several jobs. If we talk of technology then several advancements have resulted in the joblessness of employees in the past.
People are worried that the invention of chatGPT can harm their existing jobs. However, if we consider in detail hen only a few of the jobs are at risk.
For instance, if someone asks to create a code in any of the computer languages, then ChatGPT can easily create it. So we can say that people working in the IT sector can experience employment difficulties.
However, it is to be noted that the information given by ChatGPT is not 100% accurate. There are chances that the ChatGPT program developers will work to improve the functioning. In such a situation, there is a high risk to employed people. If the program is constantly focused on improvement, then there is a high chance that the jobs involving customer solutions or customer care can vanish in the future.
Benefits of ChatGPT
1. One of the major benefits is when someone posts any queries, the solution is instantly provided in detail.
2. Whenever someone searches on Google, several results appear in the form of various websites. But in chatGPT, users get specific answers to their queries.
3. If you are not satisfied with the results, then you can ask the program to provide different results. Based on your response, you will be provided with updated results.
4. ChatGPT services are free for everyone
Drawbacks of ChatGPT
1. At present, there is only one language supported by ChatGPT.
2. There are several questions for which you will not get the results, for example, current information.
3. Beta version of ChapGPT is free. Once it is fully developed, it is expected to be paid services.
4. Your data might be saved with the server.
Frequently asked questions
Who created ChatGPT?
Sam Altman of OpenAI company.
Can I have a conversation with chatGPT?
Yes, you can have a conversation with ChatGPT
What is the full form of chat GPT?
The full form of chat GPT is chat generative pre-trained transformer
Follow for more updates
Follow Raveen Chawla on Medium