What is ChatGPT?, History of ChatGPT, Features of ChatGPT, How to use ChatGPT?, How ChatGPT works?, Is ChatGPT better than Google?, Can ChatGPT replace jobs?, Benefits of ChatGPT, Drawbacks of ChatGPT
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is the chatbot created by open AI in November 2022. It is created on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3.5 family of big language models and is fine-tuned with reinforcement learning and supervised techniques.
It is created as a prototype on 30th November 2022. The program quickly got attention due to its detailed response and articulated answers among several domains of knowledge. The concept is based on artificial intelligence.
In simple words, you can get your queries answered by presenting them in short and easy language. Since ChatGPT is newly launched, can have a conversation in English only. The creators have stated that they will soon add options for multiple languages. For every query, you will get a detailed answer.
The official website of chat GPT is here Till now, there are more than 2 million users of ChatGPT.
Also read: How ChatGPT Can Help You Make Money In 4 Ways
History of ChatGPT
ChatGPT was created by Sam Altman in coordination with Elon Musk in 2015. During the initial years, the company was a non-profit organization, now it has been changed to for profit organization. After 1 to 2 years of working with the company, Elon Musk left working on ChatGPT.
Later on, Microsoft company of Bill Gates made a significant investment and on 30th November 2022, a beta version of the program was launched. According to the chief executive officer of OpenAI Sam Altman, the program has been used by more than 20 million users and the number of users is expected to increase in the near future.
Also read: Can ChatGPT Be Detected For Plagiarism?
Features of ChatGPT
Now we will discuss the features of ChatGPT:
1. One of the foremost features is the detailed response to your query in the way you have asked.
2. Compared to its predecessor InstructGPT, ChatGPT focuses on reducing deceitful and harmful responses.
3. The training data comprises of information regarding internet phenomena, man pages, and programming languages like a python programming language, bulletin board systems, etc.
4. Chat GPT is stateful and it remembers the prior queries given to it in the same conversation.
5. To prevent the abusive results from being presented by the program, the questions asked by the users are filtered through a moderation API and the prompts stating sexist or racist responses are dismissed.
Can ChatGPT Predict The Future? – 6 Amazing Questions About Future
How to use ChatGPT?
To use ChatGPT, you have to visit the official website of open AI and create a free account. Once you create an account, you are allowed to try ChatGPT for as long as you want because the beta version which is available now is free to use for everyone. It is expected that in future the facilities by the company is going to be paid for.
1. Open the browser on your smartphone or laptop.
2. Visit the official website
3. You will observe the options to log in and sign up. If you are visiting for the first time, click the sign-up option and create an account. You can create an account with your email ID, Gmail ID, or Microsoft account.
4. You have to provide the contact number that you have given for your email, Gmail or Microsoft account.
5. Now you have to give the personal information like name and phone number. Make sure that the phone number is correct.
6. The phone number is verified, you can click on “try ChatGPT” option.
Can ChatGPT Replace Software Engineers?
Is ChatGPT A Virtual Assistant?
How ChatGPT works?
The official website of open AI has presented detailed information about the use of the program ChatGPT. However, to train the program, the developers have used public data for the use. The data that has been saved on the search engine, is presented to the users in the form of a specific solution to the query. This means when the user tries to look for the answer to the query, chat GPT presents them in the same language in the creative manual. The solution is displayed on the screen for as long as the requirement of the user or the next query is posted.
The users are also given the option if they are satisfied with the results or not. According to the response provided by the user, the back-end information and data are updated by the program. It is to be noted that the information fed into the system was till 2021, so the responses that you are likely to get may not be up to date. Events that took place in 2022 are not recorded in the system and, hence, you will not get the desired results.
Should ChatGPT Be Banned In Schools And Colleges?
Is ChatGPT better than Google?
No, ChatGPT is not better than Google. Rather, I should say that there is no comparison between chat GPT and Google. ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence bot that provides solutions to your queries, but Google is a search engine in which you can search for as much information as possible. There is a huge difference between ChatGPT and Google, but we cannot say that one of them is better than the other.
ChatGPT has limited knowledge due to its programming but Google has unlimited knowledge which is updated every day. Millions of content creators are posting their content for ranking on Google. On Google, you can get several types of information formats like written content, images, videos, etc.
Moreover, the solutions provided by chatGPT cannot be guaranteed to be 100% accurate. On the other hand, Google has an algorithm based on the latest technology, which helps in providing the information that is searched by the user.
We can say that chatGPT cannot replace Google.
Is ChatGPT A Disruptive Technology?
Can ChatGPT replace jobs?
Yes, ChatGPT can replace several jobs. If we talk of technology then several advancements have resulted in the joblessness of employees in the past.
People are worried that the invention of chatGPT can harm their existing jobs. However, if we consider in detail hen only a few of the jobs are at risk.
For instance, if someone asks to create a code in any of the computer languages, then ChatGPT can easily create it. So we can say that people working in the IT sector can experience employment difficulties.
However, it is to be noted that the information given by ChatGPT is not 100% accurate. There are chances that the ChatGPT program developers will work to improve the functioning. In such a situation, there is a high risk to employed people. If the program is constantly focused on improvement, then there is a high chance that the jobs involving customer solutions or customer care can vanish in the future.
Benefits of ChatGPT
1. One of the major benefits is when someone post any queries, the solution instantly provided in detail.
2. Whenever someone search on Google, several results appear in the form of various websites. But in chat GPT, users get specific answer to their query.
3. If you are not satisfied with the results, then you can ask the program to provide different results. Based on your response, you will be provided updated results.
4. ChatGPT services are free for everyone
Can ChatGPT Answer Everything?
Is ChatGPT A Virtual Assistant?
Drawbacks of ChatGPT
1. At present, there is only one language supported by the ChatGPT.
2. There are several questions for which you will not get the results, for example, current information.
3. Beta version of ChapGPT is free. Once it is fully developed, it is expected to be paid services.
How ChatGPT reached 1 million users in 5 days
Best ChatGPT Alternatives You Can Explore In 2023
Frequently asked questions
Who created ChatGPT?
Sam Altman of OpenAI company.
Can I have a conversation with chatGPT?
Yes, you can have a conversation with ChatGPT
What is the full form of chat GPT?
The full form of chat GPT is chat generative pre trained transformer
How ChatGPT Is Different From Other Chatbots?
Why ChatGPT Is A Threat To Google?
Follow for more updates
Follow Raveen Chawla on LinkedIn
For related searches, click Articles, click Web-stories
39 thoughts on “What is ChatGPT? History, Features, Uses, Benefits, Drawbacks 2023”
Great, it’s good information about chatGPT. After ending that beta version, it can do many things in the internet world.